Monday 21 October 2013

Amy's Ride SA: What are you looking forward to?


Amy's Ride SA is less than two weeks away now, and we're getting excited! We know what we love about this extraordinary event, but thought we'd find out what some of this years riders are looking forward to.


The Southern Expressway will be closed, and thousands of like-minded souls will ride in a car-free and fun environment to stunning McLaren Vale. Amy's Ride is like no other cycling event in SA, and its no wonder people keep coming back to show their support for the ride.

The motivation for each rider can be quite different, so lets see what's going to get some on their bikes on November 3:



Graham is looking forward to "participating with my Team Submarine riding mates in the 120km GRANDE route."






 
Virginia is up for the challenge of Willunga Hill: "Amy's Ride (2008) was my first community ride, and I have ridden every one since. It has provided opportunities to challenge myself and make new friends. This year I'm looking forward to a pleasant day (fingers crossed on the weather) riding with friends and hopefully I'll make it up the hill twice!"







Stephen is making this year a family affair: "This year I'm looking forward to a nice easy 18k ride with my six year old daughter, so I wont have to worry about trying to get up Willunga Hill twice.  I'm also hoping its not as hot as last year."








Karla says: "I'm mostly looking forward to the challenging double Willunga Hill climb and enjoying the event with other participants."








Haley (on left) enjoys the social side of the ride: "I'm looking forward to escaping everyday life and getting swept up in the atmosphere!"


     

Katie is chasing a PB:"This year, I'm looking forward to riding up the southern expressway faster than the last couple of times."

 

Chris captures the spirit of Amy's Ride perfectly: "I'm looking forward to taking part in a safe event on our wonderful highway and the iconic Willunga Hill. Hopefully we can all contribute to making people think about respecting each others' right to share our roads."

On that note, we ask you to think about why you'll be riding this year, and to sign up and join us on November 3 - By registering for Amy's ride, you will be helping both Bike SA and the Amy Gillett Foundation work towards a brighter and safer future for cyclists.
Oh, and we'll see what we can do about the weather this year...


Sign up and get all your info here


No comments:

Post a Comment