Wrap a few up and chuck them in your bike jersey pockets and you're set! Amy Schwarz will be riding Amy's Ride SA for the first time this year. Go Amy!
First of all - I'm on my first Amy's Ride SA as I now feel confident I can ride the whole length after achieving my first 100 km ride at the (Bike SA) Easter Cycle in Kapunda this year!.
Amy's Ride, however, has a few more hills but I feel that it's a good thing to work towards and to achieve. I've had a few rides up that way while heading to McLaren Vale for some wine tasting lately. Anyway, I have to ride it, its my ride after all - 'Amy's Ride' !!
AmyS home made riding muesli bars
1 cup rolled oats
1 cup rice bubbles
1/2 cup almonds
1/2 cup dried fruit (apricots/cranberries/sultanas)
1/4 cup seseme seeds
1/4 cup pepitas
1 table spoon chia seeds
1 table spoon dessicated coconut
2 table spoons honey
juice from 1 orange
- Preheat oven 180 degrees and line a slice tray with baking paper
- Add all ingredients apart from orange juice in food processor and pulse until looking quite crumbly
- Add orange juice and pulse until mixture starts to stick together
- Pour onto a baking tray lined with baking paper. Gently push down with hands
- Put in oven at 180 degrees for 20mins or until starts to brown slightly
- Cool in tray slightly then pick up slab carefully to cut into muslei bar sizes, Allow to cool in tray.